Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wishlist: Target

When it comes to budget buying for basic trendy pieces, surprisingly, stores like Target are the way to go. Now I have to say when it comes to which is the better quality in clothing I prefer Target over Walmart (as for shoes, Walmart's quality is not bad). 

It seems like every 3 weeks Target updates it's floors with the newest next best thing of the season. In my opinion, when I'm buying a piece that has just evolved as the new trend, I have no shame in  testing it out on a lower budget as long as some quality is there.  I'd rather not invest a bigger amount of my $ on a trendy piece from let's say Zara, Ann Taylor LOFT or J. Crew unless I decide it's a trend that I might just stick to for awhile.


First up, the 'Xhilaration Moto jacket in Dark Chocolate Brown.' ($35)
Now here is a trend I've always been wary to try b/c I don't want to end up looking like a biker. In order to do so, I prefer a darker brown to the traditional black. I also wanted a more fitted look to it, as well as the extra fabric on the collar.






Next up, the 'Merona Wool Pea Coat in Gazelle Brown.' ($50)
I wanted to get in on the whole 'camel' colored basic pieces for Fall. I wanted to stick with the pea coat version of this since I'm a fan. Now, the pea coat I've been sporting every fall/winter for the past 3 yrs was a higher end brand & the color black. It was a Christmas gift and it cost about $100. 

Now, I always justify spending a good amount of $ on wear and tear pieces like a jacket since it's something I have to use pretty much everyday from Nov - March, but b/c I'm not sure how crazy I'll be about the camel color, I'd rather not spend alot of $ to test it out. I also wanted a fitted look that stopped right at the waist.






These are another wary buy due to not wanted to rock the whole biker look. As long as I keep it seperate from my Moto jacket I don't think I'll have too much of a problem. I don't have any black boots that don't have a heel on them which is why I have been on the hunt for boots such as these.



Let me know what are some of your fall must-haves that you're ready to try out! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment