Saturday, January 30, 2010

OOTD: Something old, Something new...

We all have this problem here and there where we are shopping and see a clothing item and say to ourselves, omg..i need that jacket or o0ohh that top is soo pretty!

Well...let's just say that's my biggest problem when it came to shopping.

I like to buy pieces that I like, but never really have an idea of how I could go about wearing it/putting outfits together. SO I decided I really needed to consider whether or not that piece is essential to my wardrobe.

Don't get me wrong..I started having a litttleee big more self-control and don't buy something just b/c it's pretty anymore...
BUT sometimes I just MIGHT see the item on the rack - GRAB it in my size - HAUL it around the store - get on line for the register - and FINALLY bring myself back to reality and realize I NEED to put the item down
ha :)
Anywhooo, this brings me to the title of my post. I was kind of surprised when I realized how long I've had some of these items in this OOTD post. I think I wore this jacket ONCE in the last prob 5 yrs that I've had it.

It's amazing how many pieces you keep in your closet and don't wear for years and then all of a sudden..BAM..it's back in your outfit wearing life!


Thin, sheer white tank: Aeropostale (had it for 4 yrs)
Grey crew neck t-shirt: Wet Seal $3.50 (bought it on Black Friday!)
Khaki jacket: Aeropostale (also have had this for yrs)
Black leggings: Zara $30
Black wedge boots: Rocket Dog (had them for 4 yrs)
Layered silver necklace: Forever 21 $13 (came with a tunic shirt)

No comments:

Post a Comment